Saturday, July 3, 2010

Movie Review: "Splice"


I have spent a lot of time trying to think about how to describe this movie. I can't. I can't figure out if this movie is good or not. Honestly I don't know if I loved it, or I'm too scared of what it'll do to me if I say that I don't like it. It's entirely batsh*t crazy, but i think in the way that Howard Hughes was batsh*t crazy in that it might be brilliant too. I think the only way I can fully describe how I feel about this film is to show you. This was my face for pretty much the entire film:



See the mingled fear, confusion, disgust and oh-no-they-di'en't!!! all over my face. This movie took me places I never wanted to go, but that I don't regret going. It's a dark grotesque family drama and I kinda loved it. I've come to the conclusion that they made me feel exactly how they wanted me to feel. No film has ever made me feel this one which means that it was incredibly effective so I think they actually achieved what they wanted to. I don't know what sick mind would make me want to feel those things but they were successful. Well done.

B+

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Your face! :D Well, to me this movie looks absolutely ridiculous. Dark grotesque family drama isn't my thing. I also wouldn't want a sick mind making me feel things like that. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to see that movie! I suspected it would be kinda crazy I dont care tho.

    ReplyDelete

Followers