Friday, December 31, 2010

Best TV Shows of 2010 1-2

Well here it is. The big moment. The moment you all (and by you all, I mean me and two others) have been waiting for for three long days. Surprisingly we had a couple people guess, and I was very impressed wtih their knowledge of me. Addisen, I'm not suprised you knew what was going on, but Danielle, color me surprised! I don't ever remember preaching Mad Men to you. Well done to both but, alas, only one can win. And to be honest I didn't even decide which order these two would go in until right now. I landed on a compromise I'm happy with so lets get down to business because I have to shower and go complain about my exorcism neighbors and pay my rent before work. Blerg

2. Mad Men



Now lets get one things straight. Mad Men is the best show on TV. Maybe ever. It has peerless writing and incredible acting from everyone in the cast. It's an unflinching portrayal of these peoples lives in this particular time in history and as far as historical accuracy goes, it's flawless. This season brought us possibly the best Mad Men Episode to date with The Suitcase. A nearly two man show between Don and Peggy. It was incredible roller coaster ride into their lives, minds and emotions. And Jon Hamm and Elizabeth Moss have never been better. I can't say anything negative about this show. So why is it at number two? Because it's my list and I do what I want. Mad Men, though phenomenal, doesn't give me the crazy, rewatchable joy that my number one pick does. So without further ado, I give you my pic for the Best Television Show of 2010....

1. Community



Is anyone really that surprised? No this show isn't perfect. It has several flaws. But when it's on, its ON. Its very smart and VERY funny but can also take the time to be very sweet as well. It's a show that do an episode where they have legitimate zombies and then tone it down for a one on one conversation containing great character development and heart. It can do anything. Its a show that just gives me great joy to watch and share. When my family was in town we hung out, ate, talked, and watched Community. It was terrific. It's a show that can bring people together. It's a show that can cause me to write horribly cliched sentences like the previous one. It's just a terrific show. It's the kind of show that I would want to work on. Hell, its the kind of show that I would want to live in. And it's the kind of show that I'm going to be watching and sharing for many years to come and that's what makes it the Best Show of 2010

So there we are. That was fun. Thanks everyone for participating. Addisen you will get you passes. And I will post one of these for the best films of 2010 as well when I've seen all in contention which should be some time next month so stay tuned. And until then my friends it's a good night from me.

Soupy Twist.

6 comments:

  1. See Rad, no one knows you like I do. Come home to me so we can make sweet, sweet television love while I roll in the passes you owe me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked these posts! Fun! I haven't seen half the shows, but I agree about the ones I have. Except I'd put 30 at the top. Because there ain't no one do it like Lemon do it. And, yes... my vote is mostly feelings driven. But who cares.
    Also, just thought I'd share that your lack of proof-reading just about made me bonkers. " color my surprised!"? ha! Little darlin' mistake maker, please stop it.
    Your Annoyingly Attentive Friend,
    Cassi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't fault you for not putting Sons of Anarchy on your countdown since you haven't seen it. But, Spartacus should deffinitely have made it in your top six. Lets face it Walking Dead has one good episode, the first one. And Lost was good up to season six. Season Six had a handful of relevent episodes but when its all over with, we only cared about Desmonde. Oh and ole Bug eyes. And I liked looking at that one chick, you know which one.

    Dexter leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but I haven't seen this season...

    30 Rocks: always good

    Mad Men: impressive

    Community: Your the Abed to my Troy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are good choices, not mine of course haha, but very good indeed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Awesome. I think you did it the other way around to spite me! ;P Yeah, I remembered you posting stuff about Community on your FB and I got the impression you really liked it. With the process of elimination I thought it a reasonable guess. Mad Men I know because Alexis told us how much you rave about it. Not exceptionally impressive when you think about it. Haha, but fun.

    I can't really say anything about these shows, other than the things I have seen of Mad Men...um...I can pass. It might be accurate, well acted, and all the above, but the characters did not seem enjoyable and everything revolved around sex way too much. But to each his own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh community, how I love you!!! I am pretty there with you on the shows, though I think I would have put some others on there, like I am not a fan of lost, however it was a good show. I loved walking dead and community always makes my day!

    ReplyDelete

Followers