Wednesday, April 7, 2010

F***!

So, unsurprisingly, I had a couple of early blog readers display unapproval of my use of certain f words. One in particular. Don't worry guys, I'm not mad. I understand. I just wanted to say that I did use to to sound like a bad a... butt. To me it's just a word, and like any other word, I use it when I feel its definition aids the sentence. Mostly, I'll admit, in a comedic way. I will however, for you sake, cease to use that word. I don't need it. I'm a competent and intelligent enough adult that I don't need that word to portray what I'm trying to say.

This situation reminded me of something. Please watch...




It is for this reason that every time I feel like using it, I will replace the word 'f***' with the word 'chicken faggot'. You're welcome.

7 comments:

  1. Awwwww. Rad, thank you sir! For that... and the video... and chicken faggot. You da best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay... I watched the video and almost cried. It was funnier this time around. GOSH. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! It is such a relief to hear that you are smart enough not to need the F-word! Phew! I was worried there for a second! ;) No, I didn't mind, but it was weird. You usually act like such a goody goody Christian around us it was a little shocking. :P

    This is Danielle, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha well I like riding on shock value, so I was using the fact that everyone sees me as a 'goody goody christian' to surprise them and make the usage even funnier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely not offended by the language. I give such a critique as a writer. In fictitious works I use swear words for certain characters in my work to properly display their personality and reality. I definitely don't support it or use it just for the sake of swearing. If you were writing fiction and applying the language to a character, that would make sense. I'm just saying from a writer/reader perspective I found it quite uneven from your overall writer's voice. Your voice is what makes your blogs so enjoyable and worth reading in the first place. It didn't "shock" me to hear you cuss, but it definitely felt odd. Using cussing as shock factor is, quite frankly, an immature writing device and it’s that very thing that makes it so jarring, not necessarily the word itself. Everyone thinks you’re funny and enjoys your posts as is. :) Just my humble commentary...

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're right rad, that other guy in the video who was pretty calm does act a lot like me haha, we should make some vids like this

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude he totally reminds me of you. His tone and the way he says the lines is exactly how you would say them I think. We should do something like this. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete

Followers