Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I Wish I Thought of That... Pixar and Dreamworks.

So I found these two pictures on the site I'm now in love with. I shared a post from it the other day here. This site is great and I love their dissection of todays animation film making. It seems to line up with my own belief on the whole Pixar vs. Dreamworks battle. If you know me at all, you know that I believe one creates incredible, intelligent, and exceptionally well made films and the other makes gimmicks that, when it copies from the first one, actually makes something watchable but usually just sucks the big one. I won't name names here. I'll let you see if you can figure out which one is which.



Vs.





See how the stick figures in the Pixar one are: 1. Thinking 2. Coming up with stories 3. Making those stories unique and interesting. The Dreamworks picture speaks for itself. Brilliant! Thank you Filmdrunk!

It's a good night from me...

P.S. If you can't see the pictures, click on them to get a larger view.

5 comments:

  1. Haha this affirms my love for pixar. It really is no contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kung Fu Panda is one of the best animated films every though, on basis of just gorgeous animation, music, and a rather emotional conflict. Dreamworks only good ones are Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon, and Shrek (yes all three) and the reason is that those are the only ones that DIDN'T rip off Disney Pixar. I think if they would stick to original ideas they wouldn't suck so bad haha, I mean just trust that they can do something out of the popular limelight and trust their creators I think they could be magical. But for now, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be naive Alexis and misconstrue your affection for this movie as its greatness. Granted it is stunningly beautiful and would top the chart if that were the only factor. However the story is predictable and tried and when we're talking about gimmicks, look no further than casting an overweight, loud, and annoying actor as an overweight, loud, and annoying animal. Yes, it tops the dreamworks list but on a story level it can't touch anything of Pixars, nor Disneys, back when it made good animated films.

    ReplyDelete

Followers