Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Why?!

So i had been thinking about starting a movie blog for a while, but never really did it because i'm really lazy, and if i did start a blog i would have to write in it all the time to satiate my legions of avid readers and that's just too demanding for my lifestyle at the moment. Case in point, I was too lazy to use any proper capitalization or punctuation in the previous run on sentence. What made me change my mind is the massive amount of crappy movies and tv shows, and basically media of all kinds, out there going unpunished for their crimes. Now I know my voice shaltn't be heard around around the world the way it should be, but hopefully it will effect and influence my world- i.e. the readers of this blog- i.e. YOU!

For those of you who have read my angry trailer tirades on facebook, you know what to expect here. I'll add in comments about pop culture, tv shows, and brief (mostly comical) movie reviews.

What do I want from you as a reader? Easy, read these posts. Misseri Loves Company. Don't only read them once, read them numerous time. Read them aloud to your friends and book club members. If you would like to know exactly when to use the key sarcastic tone pick up your landline and call me! I will definitely be moderately helpful over 60% of the time. But don't stop there! Make recordings of you reading them to yourself and play them on repeat while you sleep. That way you're never away from my thoughts. Think about them until you think that they're yours and then you'll never be wrong about anything. In essence this blog is for you!

Also, comment and tell your friends! Lets see if we can turn this into a real life Julie and Julia. I want to some day be sitting in a theater that I no longer work at watching a better look actor portray myself writing THESE VERY WORDS. And that's on you guys. My readers. Don't. Let. Me. Down. (And yes, i know that Julie and Julia was in fact a real life Julie and Julia. Don't nit pick. You won't get far in this blog [or this world] if you do.)

I can't close off my first post without giving credit to Mr. Addisen Willett who came up with the name for this blog. Thank you sir. I'm not going to thank you in real life, or on Facebook so you have to read this blog to get your due.

Inside Joke!!?
For those of you who don't know, Misseri is my last name. It's pronounced miss-air-y but most people just say misery, or misArry. Like i'm a fucking pirate.

Future posts will follow so you should follow (this blog). I'm not really sure what following entails really since I've never followed someone else's blog but I assume that you will be notified when I write another post so you all should definitley do that. Also sign up so that you can comment on this. I don't know what signing up entails either, but hey I have a lot to offer you if you do! Remember how this is going to be a crappy movie some day? A movie about this blog that i would most likely mock ON this blog. Well if you comment and follow this blog the chances are more likely that I will fudge the story and tell the director that YOU played a huge part in all this and you should be played by Johnny Depp in the movie version (sub Cate Blanchett if you have a vagina or want one). So just by humanly responding to these words, every single one of your dreams could (will) come true.

Think about that.

And for now it's a good night from me.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant. Nothing like self-referential, situational comedy to set the tone! I am honored to have the first comment on Misseri Loves Company, which I will hopefully someday ride to fame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm excited for this. And since you addressed the "cuss words", I'll leave them out of the equation.
    K. I'm excited, bestie.

    ReplyDelete

Followers