Thursday, April 22, 2010

Robin Hood: Russell Crowe in Tights

I, for one, am excited about the new Robin Hood movie starring Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett. Yes, it looks like a Gladiator sequel, and yes it'll will probably be a cliche script with too much action and little to no story just trying to ride on the coat tails of that movie. Also I always have a problem with movies that use cheesy lines like, "Are you ready to become who you are?" What?! That doesn't even make sense! That's just a mediocre screen writer desperately trying to sound philosophical, important, and slightly prophetic. How can one become someone who one already is? Don't ask me. I wish I could tell you, but I'm too busy trying to regress to who I was to humor absurdly stupid statements like that. But despite all that, I'm still excited to see it. Why? Because there will be action, blood and Cate Blanchett. Do I need another reason? No, I don't expect it to be an intelligent film, but I will enjoy it on likely the only level it can be enjoyed- the sweet action. That being said, here's a clip of said sweet action now!



I love how it's the bloody 1300s or whatever and they still find ways for stuff to blow up. Maybe this is a Michael Bay film after all.

2 comments:

  1. You are a very cynical critic! Haha! I for one think it is going to be a fantastic film, despite cheesy one liners that don't make philosophical sense. Has it been done all before? Sure, but I love Ridley Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for this movie! I cannot wait. Cate is going be a Badass in it. Woo!

    ReplyDelete

Followers